Dental Care Center
What to expect during an exam
During an exam, your dentist may check your:
- Face and neck
- Bite (how your teeth come together when you open and close your jaw)
- Inner cheeks
- The bottom of your mouth
If you wear dentures, your dentist may ask questions. They may ask about when you started wearing them and when you take them out. They may also look for wounds in your mouth, caused by your dentures.
Your dentist will also get your dental history. They will ask you questions, like:
- When was your last visit and why did you visit?
- Are there any recent changes in your mouth?
- Do you have any loose or sensitive teeth?
- Any problems chewing, tasting or swallowing?
- Do you have any pain, sores or bleeding in your mouth?
- Any lumps, bumps or swelling in your mouth?
These questions will help your dentist give you the best treatment possible.