Postpartum Care Center
Postpartum questions for your doctor
When you visit your doctor for your postpartum visit, they will have plenty of questions for you about how you’ve felt since giving birth. But, you should come prepared with some questions of your own. Your postpartum visit is a great time to ask all of your questions.
If you’ve felt odd or have a lot of pain since giving birth, tell your doctor during your visit. Even if you feel well, here are some questions you may want to ask:
- If you have a lot of pain: Am I healing? Is this pain normal?
- If you feel sad or restless: Do all new moms feel this way? Am I at-risk for postpartum depression?
- If you plan to lose weight: What is a safe exercise routine? What kind of foods should I eat?
- If you experience changes in your breasts: Are these lumps or soreness normal after giving birth?
- If you have problems breast-feeding: What can I do to help my baby breast feed?
- If you use birth control: What is a safe method of birth control? Is it safe while breast-feeding?
- If you are sexually active: When is it safe to have sex?
- If you plan to have another baby: How long should I wait?
If you have any questions and your doctor is not available, you can always call the 24/7 Nurse Call Line at 1-866-431-1514.