The Bright Start Program for Pregnant Members
The Bright Start® program is a focused collaboration designed to improve prenatal care for pregnant members by promoting healthy behaviors and controlling risk factors during pregnancy, with the ultimate outcome of our members delivering health, full-term infants who will have a bright start in their new life.
- Early identification of pregnant members
- Early and continual intervention throughout pregnancy
- Facilitate access to needed services and resources
- Dental screening
- Behavioral health screenings
- Build collaborative relationships with community-based agencies that specialize in services for maternal-child health
- Provision of programs designed to encourage members to seek care and follow prenatal protocol
Case managers play a hands-on role, as necessary, in coordinating and facilitating care with the members' physicians and home health care agencies. They also outreach to ensure member follow-up with medical appointments, identify potential barriers to getting care, and encourage appropriate prenatal behavior.
Members enrolled in the Bright Start program receive a variety of interventions depending upon the assessed risk of their pregnancy.
- Low-risk members receive educational material about pregnancy, preparing for delivery, and how to access a case manager for any questions/issues.
- Low-risk members also receive an outreach call after delivery to complete a post-partum survey.
- High-risk members receive case management interventions by a case manager.
For more information requests and/ or to refer members to the Bright Start program call 1-800-521-6867.
- Bright Start support services (PDF)
- Provider information, resources, and tools
- Bright Start fee schedule (PDF)
Maternity Quality Enhancement Program
- 2023 Maternity QEP Manual (PDF)
- 2023 MQEP Changes (PDF)
- 2022 Maternity QEP Manual (PDF)
- 2022 MQEP Changes (PDF)