Asthma is a long term illness that makes the airways to your lungs narrow, swollen, or blocked. It is important to do everything you can to keep your asthma under control.
- Makes it hard for you to breathe
- Keeps you from playing sports or doing physical activities
- Can cause you to miss work or school
You can control asthma if you:
- Know your triggers and how to avoid them.
- Take your daily medicine as directed by your doctor.
- Use your rescue inhaler as directed by your doctor.
If you are a member with asthma, call the Keystone First care management department to sign up for the program. The number is 1-800-573-4100. We want to help you live a healthy life. Call to speak to a care manager today.
You can also visit the PA Department of Health.