Tobacco use prevention and cessation
At Keystone First, we are committed to supporting our members in leading healthy lifestyles. We would like to remind you of the benefits offered under our tobacco cessation program.
- Buproprion (generic Zyban®) and generic nicotine replacement products (gum, lozenges, and patches) are covered for all members.1
- Chantix® is also covered for members at least 18 years of age.
- Tobacco cessation counseling services are covered for all members when provided by a Department of Health approved facility. Members may access this service without referral or authorization.
- 70 counseling sessions per calender year. A counseling session is defined as a face to face meeting lasting not less than 15 minutes.2
Find pre-approved tobacco cessation programs in your county.
The registry provides you with:
- The type of program (either individual or group)
- Program address
- Program phone number
For those smokers who are either unable or unwilling to attend individual or group counseling sessions, the Pennsylvania Free Quitline, 1-800-QUIT NOW (784-8669), is an alternative approach. This confidential telephone counseling system is staffed by clinically trained counselors, who assess callers' readiness to quit, as well as provide self-help advice and other resources to attain success. The Quitline also provides valuable resources and a text messaging support service through Determined to Quit.
As a reminder, there are no member co-pays associated with their tobacco cessation products or counseling services. If you have any questions and/or concerns regarding this program, please contact our Provider Services Department at 1-800-521-6007 or your provider account executive.